***
Trump Says He Decided To ‘Hold Off’ on Plans To Attack Iran on Tuesday Due To Request From Gulf Arab Allies
by Dave DeCamp – antiwar.com
President Trump said in a post on Truth Social on Monday that he has decided to “hold off” on a plan to attack Iran on Tuesday due to requests from the US’s Gulf Arab allies.
Trump claimed that the request to delay the attack came from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. The president said that he would oblige the request but threatened that a US attack on Iran could still happen at any moment.
“Based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and The United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached,” he wrote.
Obviously, as with all this shit stain of a human being does, he gives no fucks about what the American people think of his war of choice, or what the American people think about anything.
Trump said the Arab states requested the delay because “serious negotiations are now taking place, and that, in their opinion, as Great Leaders and Allies, a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond.”
Earlier in the day, a senior US official told Axios reporter Barak Ravid that Iran’s latest response in the negotiations being mediated by Pakistan was unacceptable to the US because Tehran isn’t caving to US demands. The official warned that new US strikes on Iran were likely.
“It’s time for the Iranians to throw a bit of candy out. We need some real, sturdy, and granular conversation [regarding the nuclear program]. If that’s not gonna happen, we will have a conversation through bombs, which will be a shame,” the US official said.
“We will have a conversation through bombs, which will be a shame”. Ah! How sweet! Such an artful way of saying you dig murder and destruction? It’s always easier to be in love with the bomb when it’s other people’s sons and daughters being ordered to do the bombings.
And to support this senior US official of creep, we have cement heads at Fox News cheering on the escalation of the war on Iran. Of course I’m not that sure how excited they truly were for I haven’t heard of any of these cement heads volunteering to personally participate in Dumpy’s war of choice. Easier to call for other’s sons and daughters to bring about death and destruction, as they sit pontificating from their cushy New York studios.
Fox News thinks that escalating the war in Iran is the best way to end the conflict.
On Fox and Friends Monday morning, Brian Kilmeade called for sending American troops to seize Iran’s enriched uranium, seizing the Strait of Hormuz, and targeting the “bad actors that have been insincerely negotiating with our group.”
“The best chance for no casualties is you open up four different fronts immediately, simultaneously, with an army that hasn’t been paid, with the IRGC, which is being also hurt,” Kilmeade said. via newrepublic.com
F-ing creep!
But not to worry. Everything is fine, right? Stock market is still high. What a time to be alive!
All The Time In The World….NOT!
If the Donald does not wish to bring down upon himself the ignominy of being the first US president to be impeached, convicted and removed from the White House by the US Marshals, he damn well better start reading the Iranian settlement proposals.
Even if he doesn’t like the first sentence, as he boasted.
I looked at it, and I don’t like the first sentence. I just throw it away.
That’s because he doesn’t have “all the time in the world” to find an off-ramp from his Iranian War disaster, as he claims. In fact, the dual blockade he has triggered in the Persian Gulf is fast draining the world’s working stockpiles of a broad array of commodities. About 30 million BOE/day (barrels of oil equivalent) is ordinarily generated inside the Persian Gulf and exported to the global economy, including petroleum in all its product variants, LNG, LPGs, sulfur, helium, aluminum and more.
In the case of petroleum products alone, the stockpile drain is now turning into a torrent, as we reach the 76th day in which normal Persian Gulf export volumes have been reduced by 90% or more. And although the current inventory balances look big because stockpiles are measured in the billions of barrels, the picture is deteriorating far faster than its appears to be on the surface.
In the first place at the onset of Bibi & Trumpy’s foolish war on Iran, global commercial stocks of crude and products combined were unusually high at about 8.5 billion barrels, owing to a modest surplus of production versus consumption during the last two years.
However, it should also be noted that the true recent baseline for global commercial petroleum stocks is a fair amount lower or about +/- 8 billion barrels per the graph above. So there was an extraordinary cushion of about 500 million barrels at the start of the war, but that’s already long gone.
Moreover, the aberrantly high levels shown for Q1 2020 (9 billion barrels +) doesn’t really provide any useful benchmark because that was strictly due to pandemic-based worldwide shutdowns of normal economic activity in consumption sectors ranging from cancelled global airline flights, to reduced trucking and rail mileage, to domestic travel and commuter-based curtailment of gasoline use. (full article)

***
Tonight’s musical offering:
Beethoven: Symphony No 6 “Pastoral” – Conductor Dinis Sousa – Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra