***
White House Press Secretary, and full-time dimwit and know-it-all, all at the same time, Karoline Leavitt, told the adoring throng of reporters at the White House there are ‘many reasons’ to attack Iran, but didn’t bother giving any of those reasons when asked. Isn’t that just so cute?
Of course none of the brave reporters pressed the dimwit for more information.

The most transparent administration ever!
As a US attack on Iran appears increasingly likely, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt claimed on Wednesday that there are “many reasons” for the US to bomb the country, but declined to elaborate further, as the administration hasn’t given a coherent reason for the potential war.
Leavitt made the comments when asked why a potential attack on Iran was necessary after President Trump insisted for months that the US airstrikes launched against Iran during the 12-Day War in June 2025 “obliterated” the country’s nuclear facilities.
“Well, there are many reasons and arguments that one could make for a strike against Iran,” Leavitt said. “The president had a very successful operation as commander-in-chief with Operation Midnight Hammer. As you know, as you just said, totally obliterated Iran’s nuclear facilities.”
Such dainty bullshit!
The U.S. ‘totally obliterated Iran’s nuclear facilities’ back in June last year but there’s still the need to bomb the bejesus out of them because…well, just because they want to.
And if we start shit over there, it won’t be just a few days of death and destruction – no way! It may be weeks or longer of loss of life, possibly including Americans. Again, Dumpy’s peace initiatives come shining through.
The Trump administration is close to launching a major attack on Iran as it continues a massive buildup of military forces in the Middle East, according to a report from Axios reporter Barak Ravid.
Sources told Ravid that the potential US attack on Iran would likely be a massive multi-week operation, much bigger than the US operation to abduct Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro. They said it would also be much broader in scope than the 12-day US-Israeli war on Iran that was launched in June 2025. Reuters also recently reported that the US was preparing for a sustained, multi-week attack on Iran.
Israeli officials said that the Israeli government, which is pushing for the US to pursue regime change in Iran, is preparing for the possibility of the attack starting in the coming days, while other sources put the timeline a little later, saying the war would likely start in a few weeks.
“The boss is getting fed up,” a Trump adviser told Ravid.
“Some people around him warn him against going to war with Iran, but I think there is 90% chance we see kinetic action in the next few weeks.”
The Axios report noted that there has been little public debate about the potential war amid the major US military buildup and said that Americans will likely be surprised by the scale of the coming attack.
All signs indicate that if the US bombs Iran, Tehran will not hold back in its response and could target multiple US bases and warships in the region, leaving open the possibility that the war could result in hundreds or thousands of US casualties. The conflict could also have a major impact on the global economy, as Iran could close the Strait of Hormuz, through which 31% of seaborne crude oil shipments passed in 2025.
The US and Iran held talks on Tuesday, and while the Iranian side said there was a “clear path” toward a deal, US Vice President JD Vance said that Iran was not acknowledging President Trump’s “red lines.”
Vance claimed the main US demand was that Iran must not pursue a nuclear weapon, but for many months, the administration had insisted the June 2025 US strikes on Iran “obliterated” Iran’s nuclear facilities, and there’s no sign Tehran can enrich uranium at the moment. Iran has also made clear it’s willing to enter a deal that would involve a commitment to low enrichment levels, and Iranian officials maintain they don’t seek a nuclear bomb.
The real goal of any US attack on Iran will likely be regime change or taking out Iran’s ability to fire missiles at Israel. President Trump said back in December, when he met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at his Mar-a-lago resort in Florida, that he would support another Israeli attack on Iran if the Islamic Republic “continued” its missile program. – antiwar.com
***

For more on this:
Reps. Khanna and Massie To Force Iran War Powers Vote, Trump Preps Major Attack, and More
Tonight’s musical offering:
Bell Bottom Blues · Derek & The Dominos